Clarity Connect is a regional internet service provider based in Ithaca, NY . We are growing rapidly in the finger lakes region and have an immediate need for field technicians.
Field Technician Job Responsibilities:
Establishes wireless internet connections to customer homes and businesses by installing, configuring, and servicing data communications equipment.
- Plans installations by studying customer sites, terrain profiles to towers, and coverage projections: selecting likely locations for antenna installation.
- Surveys customer sites by testing for signal levels with company provided test equipment.
- Establishes connections by pulling and installing cables, installing antennas on the customer premises, and installing routers, switches, and wireless access points as required.
- Verifies service by testing for appropriate speed and making sure internet access is functional on customer's equipment.
- Documents work by recording pertinent data on company provided forms
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns, answering questions
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock in vehicle and storage room, notifies staff when materials are needed
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading equipment manuals, industry forums, and learning from other staff
Successful candidates will have:
- a positive and professional attitude
- a desire to bring internet to people who need it
- experience working with tools
- ability to lift at least 60 lbs
- a valid drivers license
- a high school diploma.
Preference given for candidates who meet the above and also have higher education, or experience with computers, networking, low voltage wiring, or construction.
Competitive pay and benefits.
Field tech employees with interest and aptitude may find opportunities to advance into any of the following areas within our company:
- Fiber optics
- Tower/pole climbing
- Infrastructure installation and maintenance
- General IT and networking work
- Aerial or underground cable installation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.62 /hour
Required license or certification: